Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hitting the Mark

Target CorporationImage via Wikipedia


I spent three hours wandering around Target this afternoon. I went in for groceries, but the store wasn't that busy and it was so much fun just perusing the aisles. I cannot express how much I enjoy shopping in Target. Ahh, so many cute things. I really tried to remain focused on groceries. Necessities. So I didn't even venture over to electronics, bed and bath or accessories and I still thoroughly enjoyed myself. I also visited the red Kitchen Aid mixer. I am going back to get it one of these days.

We have been on a strict budget since the beginning of August. We are working on getting rid of some debt and saving money to buy a piece of land on which to build our next house. The point is that due to our budget, I have cut out nearly all unnecessary spending. And previously, I was a shopping fool. So, it turns out that ANY shopping is fun, and it doesn't necessarily matter WHAT I'm shopping for. Even grocery shopping is fun.

I picked up alot of fresh foods and healthy snacks to take to The Office. I also chose meals for the week and bought the required ingredients so we won't be tempted to eat out.

Well, tomorrow is weigh-in day. I won't lie, I'm nervous. I know I'm retaining water, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully if nothing lost I will at least have maintained. At any rate, I'm all set with food for next week and have my workout schedule set.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment