Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This Week's Weigh-In

Today was my weigh-in day and ......drumroll, please.......

I lost 5.4 pounds this week!

I am so happy and excited about this loss. I have been extremely focused this week and have been making every effort to meet my calorie deficit. I had a deficit every day--even though sometimes it wasn't my goal deficit. I burned MORE calories then I consumed and it actually worked!

I am so pumped to work hard this week and continue to make progress. My current goal is to lose 5% of my body weight which is 15 pounds and I am 1/3 of the way there!

I have been thinking about the behavioral changes that I have started to implement in the last week that has contributed to my success this week.

* Planning meals for the week ahead of time and shopping for those meals (I did this on a Saturday). This week I mostly cooked from the "Getting Thin and Loving Food" Cookbook by Kathleen Daelmanns. Awesome book, btw.
*Logging my food on the Bodybugg site. This means also measuring/weighing my food--which is becoming less of a pain actually. I am so mindful of calories now. My hubby made a grilled cheese sandwich tonight and used 2 TBSP of butter! I told him that there were 200 calories of butter on his sandwich and he called me the calorie nazi! lol
* Making sure I packed my lunches and snacks for work days
*Only eating out for lunch one day a week (as compared with usually 5 days per week--I work downtown and there are of course MANY wonderful restaurants filled to the brim with temptations) As a bonus I have saved A LOT of dough. Ka-ching!
*Never going more then 4 hours without eating something
*Working my meals so that I have enough calories for one serving of ice cream a day--so I don't feel deprived and tempted to cheat. This has worked really well for me. It's the little things.
*I did 20 minutes of elliptical on the days I worked in the office (3 days) and the 2 days I worked from home I did a 20 minute cardio workout video. Saturday, hubby and I went to the gym and did strength training for a couple of hours. Sunday was a rest day.

Today I did go to lunch with a co-worker but I ordered a cup of soup and salad with balsamic dressing on the side. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical but later I also did about 20 minutes of DDR.

This week I plan to increase my cardio M-F by at least 10 minutes and we are planning to do another session of weights on Saturday. My cardio video also has a weight component with dumbbells, but it's minor. I really felt the weight session from Saturday. Hubby and I were both so sore both Sunday and Monday! I guess that's how we know we did something good though.

Today I am thankful....
...............for progress!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome loss! Well done on your hard work. You seem very committed, and that is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, always thankful for the progress! And be proud of it too. Congrats on the awesome loss!

    ReplyDelete