Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beginnings

Country RoadImage by Sergi Monsegur via Flickr

I weighed this morning first thing.

302.8

Wow. And it's not my all-time high, which if I am not mistaken was 310. I think I fell off the scale and passed out at the sight of 310. I never want to see that number again.

Since I have such a long road ahead of me, I thought this picture was appropriate. The road to a healthy weight is long. However, every pound I lose improves my well-being. I feel like I have a fresh start and I am optimistic.

My first goal is to be safely below the 300's. Ten pounds sounds like a good number to focus on.

Goal:
Lose 10 pounds
Current weight: 302.8
Goal weight: 292
Target date: 11/1/09
Reward: Shopping excursion

Plan:
Stay at 1600 calories daily
Drink 64 oz water daily
30 minutes of cardio 3x/week--Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
Post daily

Today was a busy day. I had to go into The Office for a bit and ended up missing church, which I don't like. However, I have a project due at The Office tomorrow and I couldn't quite make myself go on Saturday, so it had to be done. Next it was back home to prep food to take to a friend's celebration. I took a veggie tray instead of baking. I sampled the food at the party, but did not go nuts. The best news is I now have tons of fresh veggies ready to go for snacking. Yes!

I did not get a chance to take current photos, though hubby reminded me that we took "before" photos a year ago and suggested I use those. That's a clue how long I have been working on my weight. FOREVER. Definitely longer than a year. I want new photos though, so I will work on getting those done this week to post.

I plan to post daily. In my daily posts, I want to talk about how I have done each day with my daily objectives and how the day went. I also want to express how I am feeling and really use this blog as a tool to examine why I make the choices that I do so that I can make the changes I need to make. I also want to make note of what I am thankful for. If eventually someone decides to read along with me and comment, offer support and/or feedback, then I certainly welcome that!

Today, I am thankful....

...that every day is new beginning.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments: