Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Everywhere I look....Cake!

A Piece of Cake album coverImage via Wikipedia

Cake is following me. It knows my name and how much I like it. It's in my fridge, in the form of my hubby's left-over birthday cake. It's at work too. A celebration for something or other. A gift of chocolately goodness provided by the evil wenches in the marketing department. No, I'm kidding, they're sweet. Sort of.

I ate a piece before I even realized what I was doing and before I remembered...wait! you are supposed to be cutting back on sugar! How does that happen? How does one scarf down cake on auto-pilot?

Thankfully, the rest of my eating habits today were decent.
Oatmeal, grapes, a turkey sandwich, a hamburger (however--made at home with 97% lean beef and the tiniest wheat bun you have ever seen), 120 calories worth of baked french fries, fresh carrots and celery, and yes, more cake. Oh, and coca-cola. Darn it. I need to switch to diet. But I mostly drink water.

Today was a scheduled work out day. I multi-tasked and read my book club book while on the elliptical. I was able to do 20 minutes, which is super considering my most recent exercise routine has involved getting off the couch to get a soda from the kitchen. It is really convenient to work out in my office's gym right after I stop work for the day. I also belong to a 24hr Fitness, but am much less likely to head there after work. I save alot of time doing cardio at work and am much less likely to blow it off.

Today, I am thankful....

...that Autum has finally arrived. I love this time of year!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment