Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wrapping up September

A photo of trees in a forest in New Jersey, Ea...Image via Wikipedia

Today was a very good nutrition day. I was able to stay within my 1600 calorie limit without feeling starved. Success! Work was low-key today. Steady, but not craziness. Tomorrow is a cardio day, so I need to be sure that I pack my work out clothes for tomorrow. I am also eating out for lunch tomorrow--so the plan is to drink water, choose a healthier option and halve my portion. I can do this!


It's hard to believe that September has come and gone. September brought Autumn, and lots of other good things. Let's recap the things I loved in September....

1. Cooler temperatures
The summer has been wicked hot in Austin and it was even joyous when it got down to the low 90's. We had a mess of rain and it actually became cool, which brings me to....

2. Cuddling
It was so nice to have cool enough weather to allow for cuddling with the hubs. I even felt inspired to bake....

3. Pumpkin bread
The first batch of the season was delicious and really signals that Autumn has arrived. That is, along with the start of...

4. College Football
Hubs and myself are big college football fans, so most Saturdays in September have been spent watching our fave teams hit the grid iron. Go Texas Longhorns and Virginia Tech Hokies!!!! Late in the month brought a major weekend of...

5. Birthday celebrations
Hubs as well as a couple of good friends celebrated birthdays in September. Lots of parties and good times were had by all.

October is expected to be even better--have vacation time and our wedding anniversary coming up. 5 years!!!

Today, I am thankful...

...that I have a break coming up in a few weeks so I can recharge and refresh.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment