Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feel the burn

In With the New (Elliptical)Image by Jill Clardy via Flickr

I started working out again this week after a seriously long hiatus from all things healthy and my body is confused and possibly staging a revolt.

I started out slow so as not to shock my body, but man I am feeling it. And not just in that "Oh, I worked out and now I feel that soreness that lets me know I am building muscle" kind of way. What I'm feeling is that "Oh my 80 year old body just can't get around as well as I used to" sort of way.

I was back on the elliptical today anyway, and I did 22 minutes today. My plan is to increase slowly in both intensity and time. I think I need to download new tunes for my work out sessions. Going on to the To Do list for the weekend.

Weigh-in is on Sunday and I am looking forward to see the scale move. I'm a little nervous because I know that I am going to be retaining some water so I really need to watch the salt this weekend. I'm ready to make some progress!

Today, I'm thankful for....

  • the exuberance with which the pup greets me at the end of the day.
  • The Office. The show and not the one I spent my entire day in.
  • Weekends!!!! Enough said.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. I SOOO lazily skipped the gym, yet again, tonight. This makes me want to go get on a treadmill.

    And I HEART the office. I have an obsession with Jim and Pam.

    ~Jenn (Ex Hot Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stacey...let me prefix by saying - love your page. i dont do "techie bloggyfont amazing stuff" and I think this is a great display.

    i have had that moment when you stop and shake your head while hold your heart in your cheast. my moment of hell meets death was while I was expecting my first critter..I was on the verge of hypnosis to tell myself that no matter what, I was gorgeous; however, I have moved from that dark spot in hell to the normal existence of a woman who just wants to feel damn sexy. I have thought about going to a gym but that puts my brain in overdrive as I then panic about who is gonna pay for this - there is a better use for the $$; who is gonna watch the kids..I'm sure we all have our roladex of excuses.
    I think that your goals are great and I wish you a million and 3.265 wishes of luck and happieness on your mission. Thanks for reading and I hope that tomorrow you are thankful that you reached another person today. I hope you have the best day you ever had and feel like a million bucks!! insatiablehost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete