Friday, October 2, 2009

Lucky Ducky

Rubber_duckies.Image via Wikipedia

Wow! What a day! Serendipity, all day long.

At lunch time, a co-worker and I headed out for lunch and we decided to go to a local restaurant, Shady Grove. We didn't think for a minute, however, that today thousands of people are in town for the Austin City Limits music festival--a destination in which this particular restaurant is practically across the street from. So we pull up and are told that the charge is $25 to park at the restaurant. We plead our case as downtown corporate office dwellers and are graciously allowed in sans $25 bucks. Yippeee! A delicious lunch and no parking fee!!

We returned to the office to discover that our CEO had sent an email informing us that our office will close for the day at 4pm. What?! I work 9am-6pm, so woohoo, I get to leave work 2 hours early on a Friday? On a payday? Could this day get any better?!

Tonight has been spent making dinner, watching a movie with the hubs and totally relaxing. Bliss!

I have managed to post every day and am loving it. It's incredibly cathartic and entertaining all at the same time. I love reading blogs from the amazingly funny and genuine people that I have had the pleasure to come across in the last week. It is very reassuring to read the struggles, mishaps, adventures and general shenanigans of women, in particular, that seem to mirror my own in so many ways. And I've even had a handful of comments, which is so exciting! Thank you, Melissa, Ex Hot Girl, and Insatiable Host--for the lovely compliments, encouragement and in general the "hey we are with you" feeling that I got from your comments. I would tag your fabulous blogs in my post, but I am a newbie and have no clue how to do that.


Today, I am thankful....

...that I reached another person today. (Thanks, Insatiable Host!)

p.s. Is anyone else just a little creeped out by the gaggle of rubber duckies? The more I look at them the creepier they get. One rubber ducky = cute. Fifty rubber duckies with 50 pairs of eyes staring at me = Steven King material.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment